Sunday, December 27, 2015

Day 361: Travel tote


With the amount of traveling I do, it's important for me to have my carry-on travel bag ready to go at all times.  After many many trips, I have easily ruled in and out the staples needed for both long and short flights.  

First off, is the bag.  My fuschia Longchamps 'Le pliage' (size large) is my go-to because it is lightweight, durable, and can hold quite a bit.  Not to mention it can fold up so that I can keep it in my luggage if I decide to use another bag on my return trip.  

Inside I have my wallet (and passport of course if I'm flying international), cell phone, ear buds, sunglasses and kindle.  Sometimes I carry my iPad, though I prefer to read on flights.  I have snacks such as a Kind bar or lara bar, and always some form of chocolate.  After passing through security I buy a big bottle of water to keep me hydrated en flight.  

I keep my skin hydrated as well with what I call a power pack for flights.  It includes a Burt's Bees chapstick (coconut and pear and currently my favorite), a L'occitane travel size hand cream, and Jurlique skin balancing face oil.  I also carry Systane eye drops if my eyes feel dry.  Along with a small compact mirror and hair ties, these items go in a small make-up case. which makes them easy to find in my large tote.  

Add a magazine and scarf, and I'm ready to go with plenty of space for other items I find along the way!  Duty free anyone?

Items pictured:

Longchamps 'Le pliage' tote, large, $145



Ray-ban wayfarer, $140



kitsch hair ties, $9



Whittaker's coconut block, $13.99 on amazon.com
(this is from New Zealand which is why it's so pricey)



Kind bar, dark chocolate, nuts and sea salt



 Jurlique skin balancing oil, $50



Burt's Bees Pear and Coconut Lip Balm, $3.29



Systane, $10


P.S.  Sometimes, the best things to pack in your carry-on are souvenirs from previous trips.  I love getting magazines from different destinations, such as this Vogue India I picked up at the airport in Hyderabad, and the silk scarf I found at a bazaar in Abu Dhabi.  




No comments:

Post a Comment