Thursday, November 5, 2015

Day 309: Discovering the Power of Kodiak cakes

I'm not sure that I mentioned this, but I am about two weeks into a 30 day detox.  This means no caffeine, no processed foods, no refined sugar, and no white bread.  That is partly why there have been so many food posts lately!  When your eating options are limited, you tend to get creative in the kitchen.

A few weeks ago, my husband came home from Costco with a huge box of Kodiak Power cakes mix.  I laughed at him.  But it looks like I'm the one who's laughing last.  These pancakes are the best pancakes EVER.  And I can eat them while on my detox.  They are so good, you don't need to bother putting anything in them - no chocolate chips, no blueberries, no butter.  Just enjoy them with 100% pure maple syrup, and you'll be good to go.




I also made these muffins with the mix.  They came out really good.  It's just a basic "pancake" muffin recipe from Aunt Jemima, but it can easily be made into blueberry or apple muffins, or whatever your fancy might be with some easy additions.



Kodiak cakes Power muffins

Ingredients:

2 cups Kodiak cakes Power Cakes whole grain mix
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup honey
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2.  Spray a muffin tray with a non stick cooking spray, or line with baking cups.
3.  Combine mix and cinnamon in medium bowl.
4.  Combine milk, honey, egg, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl until well mixed.  Add to dry mixture, and combine.
5.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick insterted into center comes out clean.  
6.  Cool in pan for 2 minutes, and then remove to cooling rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment