Saturday, August 29, 2015

Day 239: The best breakfast cookie with oatmeal and chocolate chips

After perusing Pinterest for the best, yet easiest breakfast cookie recipe, I threw these ingredients together.  The results were surprisingly good!  These breakfast cookies are moist and chewy, and perfect for small toddler hands.  I plan on sending my three year old off with a few of these in his school lunch!  

One thing is that I keep my ripe bananas in the freezer.  I leave them out to thaw for about 30 minutes.  They become soft yet cold which makes the dough tougher and less runny.  Something to consider in getting such a nice shape and consistency for the cookies.

Ingredients

2 ripe bananas
1 cup oats
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup chocolate chips

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2.  Put all the ingredients in a mixer.  
3.  Roll into balls and flatten.  They should be about the size of a silver dollar.  Place them on a greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.

Makes 16 cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment