Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 161: Simply THE BEST Chocolate chip cookie recipe


It has been my purpose in life to make the best chocolate chip cookies for my kids.  It is my duty!  Luckily my kids love to help, so it has become quite a bonding experience in the kitchen.  Though with them, I tend to have all my ingredients out and ready so that I can move fast.  Who knows what mischief can happen when my back is turned while getting something?  I tend to mix all the dry ingredients together first, then the sugars, and then the wet ingredients.  Wet ingredients go in with the sugars and then slowly mix in the dry ingredients.  I've grouped them as such.  

Dry ingredients
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Sugars
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar

Wet ingredients
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil

1 1/4 cup chocolate chips

1.  Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, the sugars in another bowl.

2.  Mix the wet ingredients quickly, so that the coconut oil doesn't solidify.  Add the sugars to the wet ingredients.

3.  Slowly add the dry ingredients in, mixing thoroughly.  When the dough is nice and stiff, add the chocolate chips last.

4.  Spoon onto an oiled baking sheet at bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are firm.  

5.  Cool for 10 minutes on baking rack, and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment