Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 27: Meditate right now

The mind is a powerful tool.  It holds so much of what makes us happy and fulfilled with our lives.  I've never considered myself to be "new agey" or a fan of meditation.  You mean I just sit there doing nothing wasting time that I could be doing something else?  It's an investment, a small investment of time with big dividends.

Meditating it turns out is simple, but not as easy as it seems.  Find a nice quiet place, and set your phone timer for 5 minutes.  Play light music if you like.  iTunes radio has many yoga stations if you are looking for inspiration.  Pandora does too.  Then close your eyes, focus on your breath, and try to empty your mind.

Not as easy as you thought right?  Getting your mind to stop can be tricky, but will get better with practice.  Somedays it'll be hard, and somedays it won't.  But trust me, it's worth it.  There are plenty of pinterest challenges too if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment